There are many channels available for customer support in today’s business world, but few have been embraced by businesses and consumers alike in the same way that live chat has. Its ability to directly connect a customer with a company representative right through the business’s website brings with it a long list of benefits for both parties. Whether you’re looking to further your company goals or simply improve the overall customer service experience, live chat can help you do both.
What Are the Live Chat Support Benefits for Your Business?
Once embedded on your website, live chat software can provide your company with significant benefits that can help you achieve a wide range of business goals. Live chat support benefits include:
- Improved Customer Acquisition: With live chat, company representatives can proactively reach out to potential customers currently browsing your site. This allows them to check in and see if the visitor to your site has any questions about what they’re viewing. By doing so, your representatives can help convert them into paying customers and increase your sales.
- Ease of Building Rapport: Unlike some other customer support channels, live chat happens in real-time. There’s no waiting around for a response, and this instantaneous exchange can help the interaction feel more like a natural conversation. This has the beneficial side effect of increasing both trust and satisfaction in your customers.
- Increased Productivity: Company representatives who provide support over the phone are only able to assist one customer at a time. However, live chat allows skilled representatives to engage with multiple customers at the same time.
- Insight Into Product Performance: Logging live chat conversations makes it easy for you to review common customer pain points. This allows you to sift through the conversations and make informed decisions about how to improve both your product and the customer journey.
What Are the Live Chat Support Benefits for Your Customers?
Every business owner knows that one of the most important factors in remaining successful is maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. Live chat is a highly useful tool for achieving this goal. Live chat support benefits that can have a significant impact on your customers’ experience include:
- Fast Responses: If there’s one thing customers don’t like about contacting support services, it’s waiting. Providing customer support over the phone can lead to long hold times that can further frustrate the customer calling for assistance. Live chat connects your customers with support specialists at a significantly faster rate.
- Efficient Problem-Solving: The ability to instantly send links to troubleshooting guides or even screen-share makes problem-solving a much more efficient process compared with other support channels.
- Reduced Repetition: When providing customer service over the phone, customers often have to recount the issue they’re experiencing every time they’re transferred. With live chat, however, even if the customer is transferred, the new representative can simply review the log of the chat to get up to speed. This can dramatically decrease much of the frustration associated with customer support experiences.
- 24/7 Support: Live chat can allow your company to provide customer service around the clock. This means that your customers will be able to get the answers they need no matter what time they run into an issue.
Want to experience these benefits for yourself? Sign up for a free trial with VoiceNation today!