For years, a receptionist has been an in-office staple and welcomes everybody who walks through the door and greets every phone call. Often, the receptionist is the first person customers ever talk to. Thanks to technological improvements and many businesses finding the benefit of remote work, a receptionist does not have to be in the office to complete the assigned tasks. Some companies have opted to forgo in-office receptionists altogether and use an outsourced receptionist like a live answering service to get highly trained professionals you can trust at a fraction of the cost.
Benefits of Using an Outsourced Receptionist
Outsourcing receptionist duties to a live answering service offers plenty of benefits. While every business differs, most companies say the following advantages have the most significant impact.
- Better Time Management: For smaller or newer businesses, you may have to wear many hats, leaving you feeling like nothing is getting done the way you want. Answering phone calls, dealing with customers, and scheduling appointments are all crucial tasks for businesses, but they can be challenging to tackle on top of other job functions. Hiring a virtual receptionist means you and your staff can shift your focus to other responsibilities while the receptionist easily tackles those other tasks.
- Save Money: Not only does an in-house receptionist require a salary, but the business has to devote resources to taxes, benefits, and other expenses. Hiring a live answering service is a fraction of the cost for the same amount of work.
- Level of Training and Skill: Hiring an in-office receptionist requires managers to train them, and you may worry that they can handle the task of dealing with customers daily. Virtual receptionists are already trained in professionalism, customer service, and other skills necessary to work effectively, so you get a quality team no matter what!
- Availability: an in-office receptionist is only available during business hours, so if the business is closed, the calls will go unanswered, and if the receptionist takes a day off, you may need someone to cover the phones! Virtual receptionists are available 24/7, even on weekends and holidays, because they’re part of a call center team, so somebody will always be available to pick up the phone when it rings.
- Customer Satisfaction: While you may worry that only an in-office receptionist could give every client the personalization and time they deserve on every call, live answering services can do that as well! Using a quality virtual receptionist can lead to higher customer satisfaction because they are often trained in empathizing and connecting with callers, which leads to higher client retention.
Hire a Live Virtual Receptionist for Your Business
If you’ve decided to hire an outsourced receptionist, it’s crucial to hire a company that always gives you excellent service. VoiceNation has a team of highly trained US-based professionals available to answer your calls 24/7! This round-the-clock service means you can rest comfortably knowing when a potential client calls with a question, comment, or concern. There will always be somebody available to pick up the phone. Everybody in our live answering service understands the importance of ensuring your business always looks good to clients on our end because your and your client’s needs always come first! If you’re interested in hiring a virtual receptionist for your needs, contact us today to get started.