Whatever your specific position may be, if you’re in the real estate industry then you know that keeping up with average city rent prices in your area is essential to understanding the market.
The US Cities with the Highest Rent Prices
As of October 2021, Zumper’s National Rent Report reveals that the U.S. cities with the highest median rent prices for a 1 bedroom apartment are:
- New York, NY: The average price of rent in New York City in October 2021 was $3,180 for a 1 bedroom apartment. This number shows a large increase in the city’s prices earlier this year, indicating a return to pre-pandemic pricing as more tenants move back into the city.
- San Francisco, CA: At a median price of $2,800, the average rent in San Francisco lands nearly $400 lower than the average rent of New York City, but is still significantly higher than the national average. As a whole, the city’s rates have remained flat since last month.
- Boston, MA: Much like New York City, Boston’s average rent prices have skyrocketed in the past year. As of October 2021, the average monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment was $2,470. While this rate remained flat, the cost of studio and 2 bedroom apartments saw a 9% increase from the previous month.
- San Jose, CA: While still coming below its northern neighbor of San Francisco, San Jose makes the second California city on this list with an average rent price of $2,310 for a 1 bedroom apartment. This is a 1% increase from last month’s rates.
- Washington, DC: With a median price of $2,210, Washington, DC comes in at number 5 of cities with the highest rent prices in October 2021. This average is a 1% decrease from the city’s average rent in September for 1 bedroom apartments.
Whether you live or work in one of these cities or not, knowing where your area falls on this list gives key insight into what expectations to set for your clients and/or tenants. Getting them prepared to find the perfect place to live is just one of many tasks you as a real estate professional are tasked to handle. What happens, however, when the tasks start to stack up?
Answering Service for Property Management Companies
As an award-winning industry expert, VoiceNation prides itself on its depth of knowledge on what real estate professionals need most. Whether you’re a real estate agent, a property manager, or a real estate investor, we have live answering services specifically tailored to meet your unique career needs.
VoiceNation’s Real Estate Answering Service is perfect for the realtor on the go — which, let’s face it, is every realtor. This beyond busy hands-on job requires you to be in the field constantly, while also keeping yourself available to new and returning clients and finding time for your family, your friends, and yourself. Let us take one of these items off your plate with our one-of-a-kind answering service. Our virtual receptionists are trained to handle your calls with as much care and knowledge as you would, and our top-of-the-line software guarantees that we’ll pick up every call in 10 seconds or less. Additionally, our all-inclusive plans provide you with any and everything you might need: off-hours coverage, lead capture, bilingual support, an online dashboard with detailed reporting, appointment scheduling, instant message delivery, a dedicated account manager, AND call patching!
Call Patching and Dispatch for Property Managers
Our call patching feature is especially exciting for property managers because, unlike most call services, we have NO patching fees. Your bill stops the moment you get on the phone, meaning connecting with your tenants is as easy and affordable as can be. Along with free-of-charge call patching, VoiceNation’s Property Management Answering Service also brings you a number of unique services tailor-made for you and your tenants, including but not limited to overflow assistance, maintenance requests, scheduling viewings, answering listing questions, and emergency dispatch. With these tools on your belt, you can take care of your properties and the people who call them home 24/7/365.
Along with our answering services for realtors and property managers, our Real Estate Investment Answering Service also provides amazing assistance to real estate investors! VoiceNation’s professionally trained virtual receptionists, lightning-fast answering times, and all-day availability are known to help real estate investors generate buyer and seller leads so that you can maximize the return on your investments.
While rent and occupancy rates continue to rise nationwide and your clients grow anxious to find the right fit for their housing needs, trust your calls to the #1 live answering service in real estate.
Whatever you need, VoiceNation has got your back!