Ultimate ESL Subject Guide
There are a great many resources available for people interested in learning the English language. Individuals learn English in a variety of ways. For instance, some learn the language by continually listening to people who are speaking in English. Others learn by reading material that is written in the English language. No matter what a person’s learning style is, there is an abundance of online resources available to assist them in their quest to learn the English language.
Listening and Speaking
- Listening Exercises: Offers listening exercises for those interested in learning English.
- Learning English by Listening: A variety of listening activities are offered including audio of a famous story.
- Listening to Pieces of History: Listen to a selection of historical speeches made by famous figures.
- Conversation Practice: Several simple conversations are offered along with an explanation of what has been said.
- ESL Speaking Skills: Great activities from Ohio University.
Reading with Understanding
- Learning English with Classic Writings: Discover a selection of classic writings in English including material from Shakespeare and Aesop.
- ESL Reading Resources and Exercises: Large list of reading comprehension resources.
Grammar and Writing
- ESL Instructors and Students: A variety of grammar resources from Purdue University.
- Grammar Quizzes and More: Choose from a variety of grammar and vocabulary quizzes designed for ESL students.
- Answers to Puzzling Grammar Questions: Discover a list of common mistakes in word usage and the explanation of their proper use.
- Writing Exercises for English Learners: Discover a lengthy list of writing exercises for ESL students that includes work with word tense, punctuation, and more.
- Lessons in Grammar: Peruse an abundant collection of lessons in grammar that includes work with adjectives, nouns, prepositions, and much more!
- A Challenging Grammar Exercise: Find an activity that tests the knowledge of singular and plural words.
- Writing Practice for ESL Students: Features writing practice with printouts containing different illustrations.
- A Helpful Dictionary: Check out a dictionary with pictures that is particularly useful for ESL students. Also includes a choice of fun, educational activities.
- ESL Lesson Plans and Resources: Plans and resources for teachers instructing ESL to students.
- Creating an Academic Paper: A look at writing an academic paper that may prove helpful to ESL students.
- Best TESOL/ESL/TESL Resources: Comprehensive list of activities, resources, plans, and homework helpers.
English Language Schools
- A Successful Language School: Learn about the courses available at the Converse International School of Languages.
- A Selection of English Courses: Check out a variety of English courses offered as well as online learning opportunities.