All About Words: Teacher Resources
Without words, there would not be much communication in the world. In written or spoken forms of communication, words are integral. For children, learning how to use these words accurately can be a bit difficult because English is a hard language to learn. At VoiceNation, we love words and what communication does for businesses. We also love servicing schools and educational institutions that serve our future leaders.
Helping them to keep their students and their families serviced and available 365 days a year is what we do best.
Here are some links aimed at helping kids understand words.
- Worksheets: Some worksheets in alphabetical order by the BBC.
- Antonyms: Explains antonyms and how they’re used.
- Teaching Blending: This shows how to teach students about blending.
- Consonant Blends: A blending activity that uses consonants.
- English Compounds: Provides explanation on compounds with examples.
- Compound Words: Defines compound words and how to use them.
- Digraph Games: Good games for students who are learning about digraphs.
Letters & the Alphabet
- Alphabet Activity Theme: Alphabet activities are aimed at very young children who are just learning the alphabet.
- Syllable Lesson: Lesson plan that helps kids understand how many syllables are in a word.
- English Vocabulary: A list of links to multiple pages with good information about vocabulary.
- Short Vowels: Explains short vowels.
- Word Family Phonics: A word family activity for kids.
- Word Sorts: Discusses words sorts and what they’re used for.
We hope this collection of resources will provide you with what you might have been looking for today. For more information on our business, what we do here, and how we serve educational institutions and teachers at VoiceNation, please contact us today!