Science and Astronomy Learning Games
Learning about planets and space can be a difficult concept for children to grasp. Whether students are studying planets, stars, or even just famous astronauts, it takes a lot of effort to understand all the terms and concepts. Sometimes, parents can benefit by thinking out of the box. Getting the kids to play games that help them learn about science and astronomy can be much more effective than throwing them some books on the subjects. Here are some good games for kids to learn about science and astronomy.
- NOAA Games: Site with games that relate to the Earth.
- Astronomy Games for Kids: Multiple games for kids of multiple ages.
- Going to Mars: A game that allows kids to go on a journey toe planet Mars.
Space, Space Trivia
- Random Trivia: Lists some random space trivia.
- Space Sense: An online game involving space-related trivia of varying difficulty levels.
- Space Trivia Game: Another game involving answering trivia questions.
- Trivia Page: A lot of good trivia.
- Who Wants to Be An Astronaut?: Multiple sections of space trivia.
- Space Trivia: Another good page with more listed space trivia.
Star Puzzles, Trivia
- Neutron Star: Trivia about neutron stars.
- Stars & Satellites: Has trivia about stars and satellites like asteroids.
- Star Page: Lots of information and links to places with star trivia.
- Star Game: Game that involves the set-up for the game “ships” just applied to stars.
- Quia Games: Links to online games that involve stars as well as planets.
- Astronomy Puzzle: A simple word search puzzle.
- Puzzle Corner: Links to multiple word searches.
- Word Searches: A list of links to word searches, sorted alphabetically.
- Astrology Puzzle: Easy word search involving planets.
- Word Search Puzzles: Links to puzzles depending on the topic, covering planets and constellations.
- 3 Puzzles: Page with 3 separate online astronomy puzzles.
- Puzzles: Another page with links to multiple puzzles.
- Puzzle 4: Online crossword puzzle with a unique design.
- Study Stack Crossword: Relatively simple crossword puzzle.
Written by Jacob C. Herman