What is a Virtual Receptionist?
What is a virtual receptionist?
Calls are incredibly important to businesses. It’s a very simple truth. It could be a potential customer calling to find out more of your business. A customer needing assistance. Someone wanting to place an order. And if you can’t consistently answer these phone calls, then you need some help — a virtual receptionist.
How does a virtual receptionist work?
Imagine it’s just like a real receptionist who would sit at a desk at the front of your business, but for a fraction of the cost. They answer the phone, screen and forward calls, take messages, arrange your schedule and more.
Here’s a breakdown of how it typically works.
- Clients place an incoming call. With a live answering service, you can choose a 1-800 or local number.
- Your virtual receptionist answers. You get to equip your virtual receptionist with a custom script – so they greet your customers and answer their questions with your words.
- Receptionists forward the call. If you can answer, you’ll be connected right away. If you can’t answer, the operator will take the message and send it to you immediately.
How virtual receptionist services build customer loyalty and retention
Having a virtual receptionist can help your business grow through many ways – one of which is by creating a great customer experience. Here are a few ways how:
- Meaningful first impressions. One of every four prospective customers will go straight from searching your website to calling your business. Put someone friendly and professional on your lines!
- They build relationships. Your virtual receptionist can act as a friendly FAQ directory, a knowledgeable switchboard and a brand liaison. All this builds rapport with callers.
- They represent your business. A receptionist is the gateway to your business. Having someone who is friendly and helpful makes your business look good.
- They present brand consistency. A team of virtual receptionists uses a script created by you to greet callers and answer questions.
Benefits of hiring a virtual receptionist
Yes, there are even more benefits! Here are a few more ways you and your business can benefit from having a virtual receptionist.
- Keeps you productive. You’re free of the phone and able to focus on your business.
- Saves your business money. Compared to an in-house receptionist, a virtual receptionist is pennies on the dollar.
- Delivers peace of mind. No need to worry when you miss a call.
- Boosts customer service offerings. If you choose a 24/7 live answering service, your customers can reach your business day or night, on the weekends and holidays.
- Provides that human touch. Consumers want to speak to a person, not an automated service that prompts them through a menu.
- They capture leads. You never miss a lead if you never close!
Make the right call for your business with VoiceNation
Interested in a virtual receptionist but not sure where to start? We can help. As one of the nation’s top live-answering business solutions, VoiceNation has one goal – helping you build the best connections with your customers at a fraction of the cost. Sound too good to be true? Start a free trial of our virtual receptionist services to see for yourself.